Cabinet SAFE Features
Users of the SAFE document management solution enjoy a robust suite of features, designed to streamline operations and increase efficiency throughout their business practices.
Access documents anywhere
Whether you choose to host SAFE on your servers or access it via our secure, private cloud, the solution offers you unprecedented access to your documents.
- The included Cabinet WEB interface allows you to view the contents of your virtual “filing cabinets” through a standard web browser, anywhere in the world.
SAFE provides tight integration across the entire system. The scheduling functionality incorporates several individual features, making it a perfect fit for all organizations needing to complete tasks more successfully and on time.
- Schedule items at the individual document, folder or cabinet level within SAFE
- Scheduled items can be assigned to the current user, multiple users or a defined user group
- Customized category titles allow easy tailoring by using familiar terms to the user
- Customized priorities give visibility to critical items
- Integration with SAFE workflow automatically sends the item into workflow for review/approval and processing
- Integration with Microsoft Outlook allows users to add appointments to their Outlook Calendar and/or send Outlook Calendar invitations to other users assigned to the item
Input documents easily
It’s easy to import documents into the SAFE system.
- Scan documents manually, or use the optional ADVANCED CAPTURE module to manage high-speed, high-volume batch scanning with automated indexing and OCR.
- Our import utility allows the mass import of existing documents from another filing system
- Drag and drop files from the desktop or file structure to SAFE
- The “create new” feature permits the creation of new documents from within SAFE via pre-defined templates
Find documents efficiently
One of the most critical elements of a document management system is the search capability. Searching for your documents must be simple and fast. SAFE offers multiple methods to locate your documents:
- Structural Search: Used to find documents in a very structured environment. If you think of a doctor’s office or a financial advisor, they have a folder for each patient/client and all the documents for that patient/client are in the folder. To find a particular document, open the folder and scan the list of documents and find the one you need.
- Keyword/Metadata: SAFE indexes documents with keywords. Those keywords can be entered in a search field and a list of documents associated with a keyword or set of keywords will be presented.
- Full Text Search: Involves looking for a document based on a word or phrase that may be contained within the document. For example, if a clerk wants to find all prescriptions for “XYZ Drug,” they could type that into the search and get a list of all documents that contain “XYZ Drug.”
- SuperSearch: can be either a gadget (Windows 7 or Vista) or a small desktop application (Windows XP, Vista or 7). The goal of this component is to allow users of SAFE the ability to find documents quickly and efficiently without having to fire up the SAFE client. One small screen gives you the ability to do full text, keyword and metadata searching across all of the repositories and cabinets available to you.
Enhanced security features
Many businesses are required by law to protect the privacy of employee and customer personal information — not to mention the fact that your critical business information needs to remain secure. SAFE protects your virtual filing cabinets using a “rights management” approach.
Your information is stored in a “Cabinet – Folder – Document” hierarchy with different levels of access at each level.
- Cabinet: Rights are either “on or off.” If a user doesn’t have rights to the cabinet, they won’t know that cabinet exists.
- Folder: There are different levels of granularity in folder security. Users may have access from “view only” all the way through the ability to edit and delete folder information and contents.
- Document: Like the security for folders, document-level security may be just as granular. Sensitivity levels may be set for individual documents.
Audit Reports may be generated to track users and their actions while logged into SAFE.
All businesses operate by document workflow processes. These processes are the lifeblood of a company. SAFE mimics your existing paper processes, turning them into efficient electronic workflow processes.
- Rules-based: Routing is defined by a pre-determined set of rules (see diagram)
- Manual: Manually route documents for approval
- Alerts & Escalation: Ability to set up alerts and escalation processes for documents in workflow when certain trigger criteria are met
- Track & Report: Allows management control of all documents in the workflow process
- Automation: Documents may we automatically entered into workflow when they are created (based on a template)
Small and mid-sized companies need integration between the applications they use to run their businesses. A siloed approach can lead to double data entry, wasted training time and non-functional software.
SAFE integrates with most common applications — like Microsoft Office and Intuit QuickBooks — directly out of the box.
For applications requiring a bit more integration to share data, we have Synchronizer and Retriever. These are optional tools that enable data to be shared between SAFE and popular business applications.
- Synchronizer connects to any compliant database and synchronizes the data from the database to SAFE. This means that as soon as data is entered in the other software product, it syncs with SAFE, greatly reducing effort and errors on the part of your employees.
- Retriever can be connected to another application and “read” data from the connected application’s screen and find the documents associated with that data in SAFE.
Meanwhile, API provides a Windows-based development framework for integrating third-party applications is available for instances where a higher level of integration is required.